How can I make my home safer?
Falls are the number one reason seniors have to enter nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities. At Southern Touch Home Health, we make it a priority trying to reduce these. Some things to consider.
• Remove home hazards
• Secure loose rugs
• Keep cords out of walkways
• Store everyday items within easy reach
• Use non-slip mats in the bath and shower
• Keep home brightly lit so you do not trip on objects that might be hard to see
• Put nightlights in bedroom, bathroom and hallways
• Keep lamp that is easy to reach from your bed
Your Southern Touch Home Health caregiver can provide specific advice once they arrive to help minimize your risk of falling, and might make recommendations for assistive devices, including walkers, canes, handles along the stairway, toilet seats that are raised and grab bars in the shower or tub.